- Industrial Engineering Major
Table Of Contents
- A general idea about industrial engineering specialization
A general idea about industrial engineering specialization
Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on improving different industrial elements, such as company operations, systems, and procedures. While its origins may be traced back to the industrialization era, it was modernized by the total quality management (TQM) system, which attempts to increase both product quality and production process efficiency. In industrial engineering, improving efficiency, enhancing product quality, and lowering manufacturing costs are all essential goals. It has a significant influence on industries such as automotive, communication, energy, medical services, banking, and retail due to its focus on discovering ways to improve systems.
What are the advantages of studying industrial engineering?
Industrial engineers are responsible for a variety of tasks, including evaluating processes, systems, and operations to focus on areas where resources are being wasted and places where adjustments should be made to increase output quality. Improving systems, system integration, and business operations via the use of engineering methodologies and scientific ideas One of the greatest advantages is the high salary and the increasing demand for industrial engineers. That is because the fundamental aspect of managing the business is to keep costs under control while increasing profits. This is the absolute key to corporate success. Industrial engineers are concerned with cost reduction and profit maximization, and implementing ideas is the simplest way to save money.
Areas of work in industrial engineering after graduation
Industrial engineering is a rich field with excellent job opportunities for specialists, including the following fields covered by industrial engineering:
- Planning field: Production planning, maintenance, and warehouse management.
- Production field: Designing production lines, systems, and facilities.
- Development field: Systems analysis and solving industrial and administrative problems.
- Projects field: Preparing technical and economic feasibility studies, setting timetables for implementation, and monitoring the planning and implementation of projects.
- Management field: Measuring, analyzing, and improving productivity. - Developing and designing work systems and methods.
- IT field: Designing factory control systems and processes using computers.
- Mail distribution systems: Making highly efficient transportation systems, high-screening systems, and distribution networks.
- Transportation field: Operating airports, scheduling flights, organizing container shipping and reception, and planning road transport with its networks.
- Healthcare systems: Hospital management, reducing costs, improving the quality of health services, and developing control systems for the management of medicines and health supplies.
- Research field: through research centers, or follow-up achievement in graduate programs to work in the academic field.
What are the departments of the Faculty of Industrial Engineering?
The Industrial Engineering Program is designed to provide students with the required knowledge and skills in physics, mathematics, and computer to help develop and use their abilities in the industrial engineering specialization. The faculty of Industrial Engineering has many branches, such as production systems engineering, manufacturing systems engineering, industrial process systems engineering, human performance engineering, quality, safety, and maintenance systems engineering.
The most important industrial engineering subjects and courses
Subjects in industrial engineering vary from one university to another. Here is a list of some of the most common topics in this field:
- Engineering Statistics
- Operations Research
- Facility planning
- Production planning and control
- Industrial machinery design
- Engineering mathematics
- Metallurgy Operations
- Production processes
- Metal formation
- General Physics
- General Chemistry
- Practical general chemistry
- Hydrology and Engineering Measurements
- Engineering Materials Properties Laboratory
- Thermal and Fluid Science
- Process Engineering and Work Measurements
- Engineering of human factors
- Electrical engineering
Learn about industrial engineering study in Turkey and the most important information about its costs, remarkable Turkish universities, conditions, admission rates, and other important information through the following article: Industrial Engineering Study in Turkey.
Edited by Al-Dirasa Platform©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.
|Esenyurt University||Private||Click for more details|
|Aydın University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Medipol University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Haliç University||Private||Click for more details|
|Bahçeşehir University - İstanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Gedik University||Private||Click for more details|
|Istanbul Commerce University||Private||Click for more details|
|Atlas University||Private||Click for more details|
|İstinye University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Bilgi University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Ankara Bilim University||Private||Click for more details|
|Okan University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Antalya Bilim University||Private||Click for more details|
|Işık University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Ozyegin University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Ostim University||Private||Click for more details|
|Kültür University - İstanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Gelişim University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Ted University||Private||Click for more details|
|Atilim University - Ankara||Private||Click for more details|
|Uskudar University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Altınbaş University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Turkish Aeronautical Association University||Private||Click for more details|
|Sabancı University||Private||Click for more details|
|Maltepe University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Nişantaşı University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Near East University||Private||Click for more details|
|Yeditepe University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Kadir Has University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Yaşar izmir University||Private||Click for more details|
|Bilkent University - Ankara||Private||Click for more details|