- Anesthesia Major
Table Of Contents
- What is anesthesia specialty?
- About the history of anesthesia
- What are the advantages of the anesthesia specialty?
- Specialties and departments of anesthesia
- Materials and courses for anesthesia
- What are the tasks and nature of the anesthesiologist's work?
- FAQs and answers on anesthesia specialty
What is anesthesia specialty?
Anesthesia is one of the specialties related to the medical field where the anesthesiologist performs the necessary procedures for the patient. This could prevent him from feeling pain during minor or major surgeries. The patient is given the type and quantity of the drug in proportion to the patient's condition, which depends on several factors such as age, gender, and health history. This specialization is often provided in Turkey for two years within the faculties of medical professions that follow different Turkish universities or in the post-general medicine discipline so that the graduate becomes a specialized anesthetist. Anesthesia is a major in applied sciences, which includes the study of the human body, anatomy, pathology, and other sciences related to the vital functions of the human body. Here you must differentiate between the anesthesiologist and the anesthetist, as the anesthesiologist completed the study of general medicine and then specialized in his studies for two years in anesthesiology, while the anesthetist is the one who studied the profession of anesthesia in the institutes of diploma colleges for two years and is an assistant to the anesthesiologist.
About the history of anesthesia
Humans have felt the need for pain relief since prehistoric times. This has been linked to research, exploration, and various methods, such as the use of certain types of narcotic plants placed on the wound, poppy, and opium, or some other procedures that require the patient to reach cases of loss of consciousness so that he does not feel pain when performing a specific medical procedure.
Throughout history, experts in the field of anesthesia have been investigating and developing. Science progressed in this specialty to the immediate, local, general, and half-time drugs.
It is also possible to control the time and duration of anesthesia, as well as numerous varieties ideal for people with chronic diseases or adverse effects, as needed. To avoid any catastrophes or symptoms caused by the drug on the patient. Any operation or surgical medical treatment now requires the presence of a doctor and an anesthetist, with the option of extending the length of anesthesia if necessary.
What are the advantages of the anesthesia specialty?
- One of the disciplines always required in the labor market, whether in private or government hospitals,
- The possibility of working for good salaries after graduation
- An uncomplicated and not very difficult specialty of applied disciplines in which the practical aspect is more than the theoretical aspect
- A humane specialty related to medicine, pain relief, and saving lives;
- the possibility of creativity and the result of research, experiments, and discoveries in this discipline;
Specialties and departments of anesthesia
Because of enormous scientific progress in many areas of life. Due to this new advancement in anesthetic specialization, there have been several specialized branches of anesthesia. the most important of which are:
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- Critical Care Anesthesia
- Neurosurgical Anesthesia
- Obstetric Anesthesia
- Pediatric Anesthesia
Materials and courses for anesthesia
In general, anesthesiology specialists in Turkish universities study a variety of courses directly related to the nature of specialization as well as other general needs for educational policy in the country, the most notable of which are:
- Physiology of the human body
- Basics of Chemistry and Physics
- Vital functions of the human body
- Basics of Anesthesiology
- English course
Relationship of anesthesia specialty to other specialties
The specialty of anesthesia is directly and primarily related to the specialty of general surgery medicine, so the two complement each other; the doctor and anesthesiologist enter the operating room before the surgeon and exit after him; he is the first to enter and the last to leave, looking after the patient's health and ensuring his safety.
Anesthesia is also related to other medical professions such as nursing, midwifery, or even dentistry, as well as pharmacy sciences, drugs, and therapeutic formulations.
What are the tasks and nature of the anesthesiologist's work?
Many people think that the anesthesiologist's job is restricted to administering an anesthetic to the patient and then leaving the operating room, implying that his work lasts no more than five minutes. However, as we stated at the beginning of the article, the anesthesiologist should do a variety of jobs. These tasks are full of danger, including but not limited to:
- Verify that the right patient is in the right room and that the correct surgery is carried out.
- Electrolytes and associated disorders, as well as blood sugar and, of course, blood gases, are the responsibility of an anesthesiologist during surgery.
- Hemoglobin and blood components, as well as clotting products, and control.
- The amount of fluid received and issued may be trivial in a young individual undergoing a minor and short-term procedure, but it may be deadly in a patient with heart failure when incoming and departing fluids must be regulated.
- The anesthesiologist is solely responsible for the patient's position, pressure points on his skin, and body temperature.
- The anesthesiologist is in charge of dry skin, mucous surfaces, and the cornea.
The most important skills and requirements of anesthesia work
Due to the seriousness and sensitivity of the profession of a specialist, doctor, or anesthesiologist and his dealings with the health of a human being who may experience complications leading to death or chronic injuries, those working in the field of anesthesia must have several skills and requirements in their personality, the most important of which are:
- To be able to control his nerves and bear the stress of work and the psychological pressure it entails
- Able to find solutions quickly and make decisions properly
- Taking responsibility
- The power of observation and follow-up on an ongoing basis
Highlights of anesthesia specialty challenges
- Responsibility is often held accountable by the parents of patients in the event of any complications or deaths.
- Facing sudden and unexpected physical reactions requires appropriate action and intervention as quickly as possible.
- dealing with more than one case a day with completely different requirements, such as dealing with an anesthesia procedure for a child, and then a patient with chronic disease, and then a young person, so each case requires special procedures.
FAQs and answers on anesthesia specialty
|Yeni Yüzyıl University||Private||Click for more details|
|Esenyurt University||Private||Click for more details|
|Medipol University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Haliç University||Private||Click for more details|
|Ankara Medipol University||Private||Click for more details|
|Bahçeşehir University - İstanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Gedik University||Private||Click for more details|
|Atlas University||Private||Click for more details|
|İstinye University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Gelişim University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Okan University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Antalya Bilim University||Private||Click for more details|
|Işık University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Aydın University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Kent University||Private||Click for more details|
|Atilim University - Ankara||Private||Click for more details|
|Altınbaş University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|
|Near East University||Private||Click for more details|
|Cyprus Health and Social Sciences University||Private||Click for more details|
|Nişantaşı University - Istanbul||Private||Click for more details|