Translation study in Turkey costs and universities 2023
Table Of Contents
- Benefits of studying Translation in Turkey
- How many years should I study to accomplish a Translation major?
- Studying translation in Turkey in English
- Fees of studying Translation in Turkey
Benefits of studying Translation in Turkey
The study of translation is one of the specialties that distinguishes Turkey due to the important role of translation in raising Turkey's economy, tourism, and expanding the circle of knowledge and culture among the different nationalities and cultures in the country.
Turkish universities also provide specialized and highly qualified educational staff to teach translation in various languages.
How many years should I study to accomplish a Translation major?
In Turkey, studying a Translation major takes four years. If the student did not acquire a (Turkish) language certificate while studying this major, the period will be extended to another year which is known as a “language preparatory year”.
What are the conditions for studying translation in Turkey?
Admission to Public Turkish Universities depends on passing the “Turkish Yös” test, or the “American SAT” test, in addition to providing a high school transcript with a minimum of grades that varies from one university to another. They also require language proficiency proof or applying in a language preparatory year.
In private universities in Turkey, the conditions for studying Translation are providing a high school diploma with a minimum grade average of 50%, and a language proficiency proof.
What is the required grade to study translation in Turkey?
Some universities require having a certain grade average. However, some universities require a higher average when applying for scholarships, while private universities do not require more than 50% in the high school transcript.
Is it difficult to study translation in Turkey?
When a student studies translation in Turkey, he will gain a detailed knowledge of translation theories and mechanisms. In addition, he will learn about professional translation methods and examples of successful translators and how they work in this field on the ground.
Studying translation in Turkey is not difficult, like all specialties, it requires patience and maintaining passion.
Studying translation in Turkey in English
Universities that provide translation in Turkey in English are:
Istanbul Aydın University (several languages), Gelisim University (Russian language available), Beykent University (Russian language available), Atlım University, Başkent University, Istinye University, and Yeditepe University.
What are the universities that provide translation majors in Turkey?
The universities that provide this specialization in the Turkish language are:
Istanbul University, Okan University, Boğaziçi University, Çankaya University, and Toros University.
What are the best universities to study translation in Turkey?
The best universities to study translation major with high technologies and professional skills:
Istanbul Aydın University, Gelisim University, Beykent University, Atlım University, Başkent University, and Istinye University.
Fees of studying Translation in Turkey
The costs of studying Translation in Turkey are classified as average costs compared to other countries. They are usually between $3000 and $10,000 in private universities, and if you have a scholarship, it will be lower. There are large discounts for those who register through the “AL DIRASSA platform”.
Master's and Ph.D. translation in Turkey
Postgraduate studies of Translation in Turkey aim to prepare students to acquire practical skills to participate in translation programs and continue their career journals successfully.
Postgraduate students study various specialized subjects on translation under the instruction of specialists with high-level competencies who provide academic programs that focus on modern teaching methods.
Here are examples of the available postgraduate translation majors:
- Legal translation.
- Literature translation.
- Political translation.
- Scientific translation.
- Medical translation.
- Economic translation.
Why use (AL DIRASSA platform)?
Based on our cumulative experience which focuses on the needs of our students, we continue through our programs to serve them in their educational journey and support them to reach the best by providing the most needed student services and opportunities, taking into consideration the highest international quality standards.
Through our contracts as official agents for registration and acceptance in private universities, we guarantee you a study seat at the university that you choose with discounts that hit 70% of the tuition fee, through:
- Presenting several private and public universities options, indicating the specializations, costs, duration of the study, and the required documents.
- Providing advice that suits the situation of each student, taking into consideration his needs and wants.
- After choosing the university and major, we complete the enrollment of the student and follow up his registration with the international student office until getting the final acceptance.
- We provide the student with consultations and guidance that make him/ her aware of all the procedures that he/ she must complete to enroll officially at the university and obtain a "student document".
- We also help our students to choose appropriate university accommodation options and obtain student residence identity.
- We ensure keeping in touch with students to provide advice and inquiries that they may need.
Dear students, we also provide in Al-Dirasa Platform:
- Special discounts for private universities admission.
- Enrollment in private and public universities.
- Registration in Turkish scholarships.
- Language courses and required university admission exams.
- Opportunities to study in private and international Turkish schools.
- Post-admission services.
Edited by Al-Dirasa Platform©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.