Sociology study in Turkey: learn about universities, costs, and advantages
Table of contents
- Advantages of studying Sociology in Turkey
- How many years should I study to accomplish sociology study in Turkey?
- Studying Sociology in Turkey in English
- What are the fees of studying Sociology in Turkey?
Advantages of studying Sociology in Turkey
Sociology is one of the outstanding specializations in Turkish universities.
Universities in Turkey are very attentive in teaching sociology because it focuses on multi-civilizations and cultures. Thousands of sociology students came from various countries of the world, which creates a conducive environment for the implementation of theories. Students deepen their knowledge by visiting many places related to their specialization and preparing practical reports on it.
How many years should I study to accomplish sociology study in Turkey?
In Turkey, studying sociology is four years. If the student did not acquire a (Turkish) language certificate while studying this major, the period will be extended to another year which is known as a “language preparatory year”.
What are the conditions required to study sociology in Turkey?
Admission to Public Turkish Universities depends on passing the “Turkish Yös” test, or the “American SAT” test, in addition to providing a high school transcript with a minimum of grades that varies from one university to another.
They also require language proficiency proof or applying in a language preparatory year. In private universities in Turkey, the conditions for studying sociology are providing a high school diploma with a minimum grade average of 50% and a language proficiency proof (if any). When choosing English as a language of study, it is required to have a Tofel certificate. If you choose to study in Turkish, you must provide a Tömer certificate.
What is the acceptance rate to study sociology in Turkey?
Some universities require having a certain grade average, usually 50% and above. However, some universities require a higher average when applying for scholarships, while private universities do not require high grades in the high school transcript.
Is studying sociology in Turkey difficult?
Studying sociology is one of the specializations that call for students who can control their emotions, have empathy and elegance, are sensitive to humanitarian causes and issues, are calm and wise, have a good ability to memorize information and problem-solving skills, and are interested in social and volunteer work.
Studying Sociology in Turkey in English
Some universities provide the opportunity of studying sociology in English, such as Beykent University, Maltepe University, Ozyegin University, Bahçeşehir University, Bilgi University, Bahcesehir University, Yeditepe University, Baskent University, Istinye University, and Altinbas University.
What are the universities that provide sociology majors in Turkey?
The Turkish universities that provide sociology specialization in the Turkish language are Doğuş University, Maltepe University, Aydin University, Beykent University, Uskudar University, Gelisim University, Uskudar University, Baskent University, and Nisantasi University.
What are the best universities to study Sociology in Turkey?
The best universities to study sociology with high technologies and superior skills are Beykent University, Maltepe University, Ozyegin University, İstanbul Şehir University, Bilgi University, Bahcesehir University, Yeditepe University, Baskent University, Istinye University, and Altinbas University.
What are the fees of studying Sociology in Turkey?
The fees of studying Sociology in Turkey are classified as average costs compared to other countries. They are usually between $4000 in public universities and $10,000 in private universities, and if you have a scholarship, it will be lower. There are large discounts for those who register through “AL DIRASSA platform”.
MA and Ph.D. Sociology in Turkey
The postgraduate programs in sociology aim to qualify students wishing to delve deeper into sociology, as well as develop their research skills so that they can participate in sociology research, benefiting from the expertise of the teaching staff, which includes distinguished professors.
Here are examples of the available graduate sociology subjects and courses:
- educational psychology
- social work
- Teaching and methodologies
- Human rights and development
- Political Science
- measurement and evaluation
- Information and communication technology in education
- Educational sciences
- Sustainable development.
Why use (AL DIRASSA platform)?
Based on our cumulative experience which focuses on the needs of our students, we continue through our programs to serve them in their educational journey and support them to reach the best by providing the most needed student services and opportunities, taking into consideration the highest international quality standards.
Through our contracts as official agents for registration and acceptance in private universities, we guarantee you a study seat at the university that you choose with discounts that hit 70% of the tuition fee, through:
- Presenting several private and public universities options, indicating the specializations, costs, duration of the study, and the required documents.
- Providing advice that suits the situation of each student, taking into consideration his needs and wants.
- After choosing the university and major, we complete the enrollment of the student and follow up his registration with the international student office until getting the final acceptance.
- We provide the student with consultations and guidance that make him/ her aware of all the procedures that he/ she must complete to enroll officially at the university and obtain a "student document".
- We also help our students to choose appropriate university accommodation options and obtain student residence identity.
- We ensure keeping in touch with students to provide advice and inquiries that they may need.
Dear students, we also provide in Al-Dirasa Platform:
- Special discounts for private universities admission.
- Enrollment in private and public universities.
- Registration in Turkish scholarships.
- Language courses and required university admission exams.
- Opportunities to study in private and international Turkish schools.
- Post-admission services.
Edited by Al-Dirasa Platform©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.