Your comprehensive guide to the study of psychology in Turkey
All these questions are answered below, Enjoy reading!
Table Of Contents
- The advantages of studying psychology in Turkey
- How many years should I study to accomplish a psychology major?
- Studying psychology in Turkey in English
- Fees of studying psychology in Turkey
The advantages of studying psychology in Turkey
Studying psychology in Turkey is a unique opportunity to gain experiences that qualify the student to enter the practical field with great knowledge. Turkish universities that offer psychology programs are distinguished by their experienced and open-minded teaching staff.
Universities are also equipped with everything that helps students to fulfill educational requirements, such as libraries and references. Also, the methodology of teaching psychology in Turkey is considered scientifically advanced and updated with international standards in teaching.
How many years should I study to accomplish a psychology major?
In Turkey, studying psychology major takes four years. If the student did not acquire a (Turkish) language certificate while studying this major, the period will be extended to another year which is known as a “language preparatory year”.
What are the conditions for studying psychology in Turkey?
Admission to Public Turkish Universities depends on passing the “Turkish Yös” test, or the “American SAT” test, in addition to providing a high school transcript with a minimum of grades that varies from one university to another. They also require language proficiency proof or applying in a language preparatory year.
In private universities in Turkey, the conditions for studying psychology are providing a high school diploma with a minimum grade average of 50% , and a language proficiency proof.
What is the required grade to study psychology in Turkey?
Some universities require having a certain grade average. However, some universities require a higher average when applying for scholarships, while private universities do not require more than 50% in the high school transcript.
Is it difficult to study psychology in Turkey?
The study of psychology requires that the student be able to acquire communication and reading skills, and he should be interested in learning about developments in the field of psychology and understanding the most prominent psychological problems that psychology focuses on studying.
Studying psychology is not difficult, it only requires the desire and passion to complete the educational path successfully.
Studying psychology in Turkey in English
Universities that provide psychology in Turkey in English are:
Atlım University, Bahçeşehir University, Kadir Has University, Yeditepe University, Medipol University, Nişantaşı University, Maltpe University, Gelisim University, Başkent University, Üsküdar University, Işık University, Altınbaş University, and Istinye University, Beykent University, Istanbul Bilgi University, and Özyeğin University.
What are the universities that provide psychology majors in Turkey?
The universities that provide this specialization in the Turkish language are:
Medipol University, Maltpe University, Gelisim University, Istinye University, Işık University, Üsküdar University, Bahçeşehir University, Nişantaşı University, Kultur University, Okan University, Istanbul Aydın University, and Beykoz University.
What are the best universities to study psychology in Turkey?
The best universities to study psychology major with high technologies and professional skills:
Medipol University, Bahçeşehir University, Kadir Has University, Yeditepe University, Nişantaşı University, Maltpe University, Gelisim University, Başkent University, Üsküdar University, Altınbaş University, and Istinye University, Atlım University, Istanbul Bilgi University, Beykent University, and Özyeğin University.
Fees of studying psychology in Turkey
The costs of studying psychology in Turkey are classified as average costs compared to other countries. They are usually between $3000 and $10,000 in private universities, and if you have a scholarship, it will be lower. There are large discounts for those who register through the “AL DIRASSA platform”.
Master and Ph.D. in Psychology in Turkey
Postgraduate studies of psychology in Turkey aim to prepare students to acquire research skills to participate in psychology research. Postgraduate students study various specialized subjects on psychology under the instruction of specialists with high-level competencies who provide academic programs that focus on modern teaching methods.
The postgraduate program of psychology provides a balanced mix of theory and skills training in both psychotherapy and research.
Here are examples of the available postgraduate psychology majors:
- General psychology.
- Philosophical psychology.
- Sports psychology.
- Developmental psychology.
- Social psychology.
- Indicative psychology.
- Physiological psychology.
- Cognitive psychology.
- Forensic psychology.
- Family psychology.
- Experimental psychology.
- Biological psychology.
- Pharmacological psychology.
- The psychology of addiction.
- Clinical psychology.
- Political psychology.
- Industrial psychology.
Why use (AL DIRASSA platform)?
Based on our cumulative experience which focuses on the needs of our students, we continue through our programs to serve them in their educational journey and support them to reach the best by providing the most needed student services and opportunities, taking into consideration the highest international quality standards.
Through our contracts as official agents for registration and acceptance in private universities, we guarantee you a study seat at the university that you choose with discounts that hit 70% of the tuition fee, through:
- Presenting several private and public universities options, indicating the specializations, costs, duration of the study, and the required documents.
- Providing advice that suits the situation of each student, taking into consideration his needs and wants.
- After choosing the university and major, we complete the enrollment of the student and follow up his registration with the international student office until getting the final acceptance.
- We provide the student with consultations and guidance that make him/ her aware of all the procedures that he/ she must complete to enroll officially at the university and obtain a "student document".
- We also help our students to choose appropriate university accommodation options and obtain student residence identity.
- We ensure keeping in touch with students to provide advice and inquiries that they may need.
Dear students, we also provide in Al-Dirasa Platform:
- Special discounts for private universities admission.
- Enrollment in private and public universities.
- Registration in Turkish scholarships.
- Language courses and required university admission exams.
- Opportunities to study in private and international Turkish schools.
- Post-admission services.
Edited by Al-Dirasa Platform©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.