Your guide to studying political science and international relations in Turkey
Table Of Contents
- The advantages of studying political science and international relations in Turkey
- How many years should I study to accomplish a political science and international relations program in Turkey?
- Study of political science and international relations in Turkey in English
- Fees of studying political science and international relations in Turkey
The advantages of studying political science and international relations in Turkey
Studying political science and international relations in Turkey is one of the unique educational opportunities for students.
Turkish universities are keen on the quality of the educational curriculum to comply with international standards. Universities also harness all their capabilities to serve university requirements in the field of politics and relations to ensure student excellence in his educational and professional career.
Here are highlights of the big advantages of studying political science and international relations in Turkey:
- High-skilled educational staff.
- The benefit of cultural and social interaction between international students who study in Turkey.
- Dynamic programs – adapted to recent changes and developments in the political and international relations fields.
- Professional training with multidisciplinary knowledge techniques.
- Possibility to study political science and international relations in English
- A modern educational approach that combines theory, practice, and research.
How many years should I study to accomplish a political science and international relations program in Turkey?
In Turkey, studying political science and international relations specialty takes four years. If the student did not acquire a (Turkish) language certificate while studying this major, the period will be extended to another year which is known as a “language preparatory year”.
What are the conditions for studying political science and international relations in Turkey?
Admission to Public Turkish Universities depends on passing the “Turkish Yös” test, or the “American SAT” test, in addition to providing a high school transcript with a minimum of grades that varies from one university to another. They also require language proficiency proof or applying in a language preparatory year.
In private universities in Turkey, the conditions for studying political science and international relations are providing a high school diploma with a minimum grade average of 50% and a language proficiency proof (if any).
When choosing English as a language of study, it is required to have a Tofel certificate. If you choose to study in Turkish, you must provide a Tömer certificate.
What is the acceptance rate of political science and international relations in Turkey?
Some universities require having a certain grade average, usually 50% and above. However, some universities require a higher average when applying for scholarships, while private universities do not require high grades in the high school transcript.
Is it difficult to study political science and international relations in Turkey?
Studying international relations in Turkey is not difficult for people who have the passion and patience to succeed.
The study of international relations requires that the student have teamwork skills, communication skills, time management, professional work ethics, and economic thinking. In addition to that, it is preferred to have some work experience in a field of work and some management skills.
Turkish universities that provide international relations programs ensure that the student can appropriately understand and apply theoretical concepts and facilitate the educational path to guarantee excellent results and outputs.
Study of political science and international relations in Turkey in English
Many universities provide international relations programs in English, including Okan University, Atlım University, Başkent University, Beykent University, Doğoş University, Işık University, kadir Has University, Bilkent University, Nişantaşı University, Istanbul Bilgi University, Geleşim University, Altınbaş University, İstinye University, Bahçeşehir University, Kültür University, Yeditepe University, Ozyegin University, Beykoz University, İstanbul Aydın den University, and Medipol University.
Which universities provide political science and international relations programs in Turkey?
In addition to the universities mentioned above, many others provide this specialization in Turkish, such as Maltepe University.
What are the best universities to study political science and international relations in Turkey?
The best universities to study international relations major with high technologies and professional skills are Bilkent University, Nişantaşı University, Istanbul Bilgi University, Geleşim University, Altınbaş University, Istinye University, Bahçeşehir University, Kültür University, Yeditepe University, Ozyegin University, Beykoz University, and Istanbul Aydın University,
Fees of studying political science and international relations in Turkey
The fees of international relations study in Turkey are classified as average costs compared to other countries. They are usually between $3000 and $9000 in private universities, and if you have a scholarship, it will be lower. There are large discounts for those who register through the “AL DIRASSA platform”.
Master and Ph.D. in Political Science and International Relations in Turkey
Postgraduate programs focus on research and development studies by training qualified researchers and academics to contribute to technological studies in cooperation with local and foreign international relations-related institutions and universities.
Postgraduate students study various specialized subjects in international relations under the instruction of specialists with high-level competencies who provide academic programs using modern teaching methods.
Here are examples of the available postgraduate international relations subjects and courses:
- Political theories.
- Public policies.
- Political and international economy.
- Diplomatic systems.
- Crisis management, international conflict resolution, etc.
Why use (AL DIRASSA platform)?
Based on our cumulative experience which focuses on the needs of our students, we continue through our programs to serve them in their educational journey and support them to reach the best by providing the most needed student services and opportunities, taking into consideration the highest international quality standards.
Through our contracts as official agents for registration and acceptance in private universities, we guarantee you a study seat at the university that you choose with discounts that hit 70% of the tuition fee, through:
- Presenting several private and public universities options, indicating the specializations, costs, duration of the study, and the required documents.
- Providing advice that suits the situation of each student, taking into consideration his needs and wants.
- After choosing the university and major, we complete the enrollment of the student and follow up his registration with the international student office until getting the final acceptance.
- We provide the student with consultations and guidance that make him/ her aware of all the procedures that he/ she must complete to enroll officially at the university and obtain a "student document".
- We also help our students to choose appropriate university accommodation options and obtain student residence identity.
- We ensure keeping in touch with students to provide advice and inquiries that they may need.
Dear students, we also provide in Al-Dirasa Platform:
- Special discounts for private universities admission.
- Enrollment in private and public universities.
- Registration in Turkish scholarships.
- Language courses and required university admission exams.
- Opportunities to study in private and international Turkish schools.
- Post-admission services.
Edited by Al-Dirasa Platform©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.