All about studying mechanical engineering in Turkey
Table Of Contents
- Advantages of studying mechanical engineering in Turkey
- How many years should I study to accomplish a mechanical engineering major in Turkey?
- Study of mechanical engineering in Turkey in English
- Fees of studying mechanical engineering in Turkey
Advantages of studying mechanical engineering in Turkey
Studying mechanical engineering in Turkey is one of the unique educational opportunities for students.
Turkish universities are keen on the quality of the educational curriculum to comply with international standards. Universities also harness all their capabilities to serve university requirements in the field of engineering to ensure student excellence in his educational and professional career.
Here are highlights of the big advantages of studying mechanical engineering in Turkey:
- High-skilled educational staff.
- The benefit of cultural and social interaction between international students who study in Turkey.
- Dynamic programs – adapted to recent changes and developments in the mechanical engineering sector.
- Professional training with multidisciplinary knowledge techniques.
- Ability to study mechanical engineering in English
- An educational approach that combines theory, practice, and research.
How many years should I study to accomplish a mechanical engineering major in Turkey?
In Turkey, studying a mechanical engineering specialty takes four years. If the student did not acquire a (Turkish) language certificate while studying this major, the period will be extended to another year which is known as a “language preparatory year”.
What are the conditions for studying mechanical engineering in Turkey?
Admission to Public Turkish Universities depends on passing the “Turkish Yös” test, or the “American SAT” test, in addition to providing a high school transcript with a minimum of grades that varies from one university to another. They also require language proficiency proof or applying in a language preparatory year.
In private universities in Turkey, the conditions for studying mechanical engineering are providing a high school diploma with a minimum grade average of 50% and a language proficiency proof.
When choosing English as a language of study, it is required to have a Tofel certificate. If you choose to study in Turkish, you must provide a Tömer certificate.
What is the required grade to study mechanical engineering in Turkey?
Some universities require having a certain grade average, usually 50% and above. However, some universities require a higher average when applying for scholarships, while private universities do not require high grades in the high school transcript.
Is it difficult to study mechanical engineering in Turkey?
Studying mechanical engineering in Turkey is not difficult for people who have the passion and patience to succeed.
The study of mechanical engineering requires that the student have analytical thinking skills, teamwork skills, communication skills, computer skills, time management skills, creativity and innovation, and long-time focus.
Turkish universities that provide mechanical engineering programs ensure that the student can appropriately understand and apply theoretical concepts and facilitate the educational path to guarantee excellent results and outputs.
Study of mechanical engineering in Turkey in English
Universities that provide mechanical engineering in Turkey in English are: Gelisim University, Beykent University, Istanbul Bilgi University, Koç University, Özyeğin University, Bogazici University, Atlım University, Işık University, Doğuş University, Bilkent University, Okan University, and Yeditepe University.
What are the universities that provide mechanical engineering programs in Turkey?
In addition to the universities mentioned above, many others provide this specialization in Turkish. Here is a list we prepared for you:
|Yildiz Technical University||Istanbul University|
|Baskent University||Uludag University|
|Haliç University||Istanbul Aydin University|
|Istanbul Arel University||Karatay University|
|Sakarya University||Pamukkale University|
|Mersin University||Adana Science and Technology University|
|Namik Kemal University||Ataturk University|
|Recep Tayyip Erdogan University||Aksaray University|
|Batman University||Harran University|
What are the best universities for the study of mechanical engineering in Turkey?
The best universities to study mechanical engineering major with high technologies and professional skills: Gelisim University, Beykent University, Istanbul Aydın University, Istanbul University, Koç University, Özyeğin University, Bogazici University, Atlım University, Işık University, Doğuş University, Bilkent University, Okan University, Istanbul Arel University, and Yeditepe University.
Fees of studying mechanical engineering in Turkey
The costs of studying mechanical engineering in Turkey are classified as average costs compared to other countries. They are usually between $3000 and $9,000 in private universities, and if you have a scholarship, it will be lower. There are large discounts for those who register through the “AL DIRASSA platform”.
Master and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering in Turkey
Postgraduate studies in mechanical engineering rise in response to the great development of the engineering sector and the need for well-trained and qualified engineers.
Postgraduate programs focus on research and development studies by training qualified research engineers and academics to contribute to technological studies in cooperation with local and foreign mechanical engineering-related institutions and universities.
Postgraduate students study various specialized subjects in mechanical engineering under the instruction of specialists with high-level competencies who provide academic programs that focus on modern teaching methods.
Here are examples of the available postgraduate mechanical engineering programs:
- Master of Solar energy and renewable energies.
- Master of Applied Mechanics.
- Master of Industrial Mechanical Engineering.
- Master of fluid and thermal mechanics.
- Master of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineering.
After completing his master's degree, the engineer will be eligible to apply for a Ph.D. in a mechanical engineering specialization.
Why use (AL DIRASSA platform)?
Based on our cumulative experience which focuses on the needs of our students, we continue through our programs to serve them in their educational journey and support them to reach the best by providing the most needed student services and opportunities, taking into consideration the highest international quality standards.
Through our contracts as official agents for registration and acceptance in private universities, we guarantee you a study seat at the university that you choose with discounts that hit 70% of the tuition fee, through:
- Presenting several private and public universities options, indicating the specializations, costs, duration of the study, and the required documents.
- Providing advice that suits the situation of each student, taking into consideration his needs and wants.
- After choosing the university and major, we complete the enrollment of the student and follow up his registration with the international student office until getting the final acceptance.
- We provide the student with consultations and guidance that make him/ her aware of all the procedures that he/ she must complete to enroll officially at the university and obtain a "student document".
- We also help our students to choose appropriate university accommodation options and obtain student residence identity.
- We ensure keeping in touch with students to provide advice and inquiries that they may need.
Dear students, we also provide in Al-Dirasa Platform:
- Special discounts for private universities admission.
- Enrollment in private and public universities.
- Registration in Turkish scholarships.
- Language courses and required university admission exams.
- Opportunities to study in private and international Turkish schools.
- Post-admission services.
Edited by Al-Dirasa Platform©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.