Important information about automotive engineering studies in Turkey
Table Of Contents
- Advantages of studying Automotive Engineering in Turkey
- How many years of automotive engineering study in Turkey?
- Study of automotive engineering in Turkey in English
- Costs of studying automotive engineering in Turkey
Advantages of studying Automotive Engineering in Turkey
Studying automotive engineering in Turkey is one of the unique educational opportunities for students.
Turkish universities are keen on the quality of the educational curriculum to comply with international standards. Universities also harness all their capabilities to serve university requirements in the field of aviation to ensure student excellence in his educational and professional career.
Here are highlights of the big advantages of studying automotive engineering in Turkey:
- High-skilled educational staff.
- The benefit of cultural and social interaction between international students who study in Turkey.
- Dynamic programs – adapted to recent changes and developments in the automotive engineering sector.
- Professional training with multidisciplinary knowledge techniques.
- Ability to study automotive engineering in English
- An educational approach that combines theory, practice, and research.
How many years of automotive engineering study in Turkey?
In Turkey, studying automotive engineering specialty takes four years. If the student did not acquire a (Turkish) language certificate while studying this major, the period will be extended to another year which is known as a “language preparatory year”.
What are the conditions for studying automotive engineering in Turkey?
Admission to Public Turkish Universities depends on passing the “Turkish Yös” test, or the “American SAT” test, in addition to providing a high school transcript with a minimum of grades that varies from one university to another. They also require language proficiency proof or applying in a language preparatory year.
In private universities in Turkey, the conditions for studying automotive engineering are providing a high school diploma with a minimum grade average of 70% and a language proficiency proof.
When choosing English as a language of study, it is required to have a Tofel certificate. If you choose to study in Turkish, you must provide a Tömer certificate.
What is the acceptance rate of automotive engineering in Turkey?
Some universities require having a certain grade average, usually 70% and above. However, some universities require a higher average when applying for scholarships, while private universities do not require high grades in the high school transcript.
Is studying automotive engineering in Turkey difficult?
Studying automotive engineering in Turkey is not difficult for people who have the passion and patience to succeed.
The study of civil engineering requires that the student have several skills, such as creative thinking and analysis, in addition to being familiar with research on vehicles and their components, design, development and production, and environment and safety of projects.
Study of automotive engineering in Turkey in English
Universities that provide automotive engineering in Turkey in English are Atlem University, Okan University, Near East University, and Işık University.
What universities study automotive engineering in Turkey?
In addition to the universities mentioned above, many others provide this specialization in Turkish, such as: Gazi University in Ankara, Atlem University in Ankara, Çukurova University in Adana, Cumhuriyet University in Sivas, Okan University in İstanbul, Afyon Kocatepe University, Tarsus University in Mersin, and Pamukkale University in Denizli.
What are the best universities to study automotive engineering in Turkey?
The best universities to study automotive engineering with high technologies and professional skills are Atlem University, Okan University, and Işık University.
Costs of studying automotive engineering in Turkey
The costs of studying automotive engineering in Turkey are classified as average costs compared to other countries. They are usually between $4,000 and $10,000 in private universities, and if you have a scholarship, it will be lower. There are large discounts for those who register through the “AL DIRASSA platform”.
Master and Ph.D. in Automotive Engineering in Turkey
Postgraduate studies in automotive engineering rise in response to the great development of the engineering sector and the need for well-trained and qualified engineers.
Postgraduate programs focus on research and development studies by training qualified research engineers and academics to contribute to technological studies in cooperation with local and foreign automotive engineering-related institutions and universities.
Postgraduate students study various specialized subjects in automotive engineering under the instruction of specialists with high-level competencies who provide academic programs that focus on modern teaching methods.
Here are examples of the available postgraduate automotive engineering subjects:
- Engine design and performance improvements
- Car Dynamics
- Noise and sound in cars
- Friction and lubrication science
- Car design
- Electric and hybrid-electric cars
- Car control systems
- Alternative fuel - hydrogen, natural gas, LPG, and biofuels
- Reducing greenhouse gases from the transport sector
- Combustion models
- Driver and vehicle environment control cycle simulation
Why use (AL DIRASSA platform)?
Based on our cumulative experience which focuses on the needs of our students, we continue through our programs to serve them in their educational journey and support them to reach the best by providing the most needed student services and opportunities, taking into consideration the highest international quality standards.
Through our contracts as official agents for registration and acceptance in private universities, we guarantee you a study seat at the university that you choose with discounts that hit 70% of the tuition fee, through:
- Presenting several private and public universities options, indicating the specializations, costs, duration of the study, and the required documents.
- Providing advice that suits the situation of each student, taking into consideration his needs and wants.
- After choosing the university and major, we complete the enrollment of the student and follow up his registration with the international student office until getting the final acceptance.
- We provide the student with consultations and guidance that make him/ her aware of all the procedures that he/ she must complete to enroll officially at the university and obtain a "student document".
- We also help our students to choose appropriate university accommodation options and obtain student residence identity.
- We ensure keeping in touch with students to provide advice and inquiries that they may need.
Dear students, we also provide in Al-Dirasa Platform:
- Special discounts for private universities admission.
- Enrollment in private and public universities.
- Registration in Turkish scholarships.
- Language courses and required university admission exams.
- Opportunities to study in private and international Turkish schools.
- Post-admission services.
Edited by Al-Dirasa Platform©
Did you like this topic? You can share it with your friends now.