Percentage and numbers of foreign and Arab students in Turkey
Learn through this article on the Aldirasa platform about the number of foreign students in Turkey, and the Turkish states that attract the largest number of foreign students.
- Reasons for the interest of foreign and Arab students to study in Turkey
- Percentage and numbers of foreign and Arab students in the cities of Turkey
- How does the Aldirasa platform help students coming to study in Turkey?
Reasons for the interest of foreign and Arab students to study in Turkey
In recent years, it has been noticed that there is an excellent demand for Arab and foreign students to study in Turkey, and this is due to the existence of a group of reasons that drive these students to come to Turkey, with the aim of studying in Turkish universities:
- The Turkish environment, which is similar in many of its customs and traditions to the Arab environment, so the student does not find it difficult to adapt to Turkish society.
- Cheap costs of tuition fees in Turkish universities compared to other universities around the world.
- The close geographical location of Turkey to the Arab countries in particular.
- Turkish scholarships are offered annually by the Turkish government to international students, which often include tuition fees, travel, and university housing.
- Many university majors take the English language as a basic subject in education, so there is no need to worry about not being proficient in the Turkish language.
- The strong infrastructure owned by the public and private Turkish universities, allows students to receive the perfect educational attainment.
- The advanced international and local rankings of many Turkish universities, and therefore obtaining a graduate degree in these universities includes a high value for students.
- The possibility of amending the graduation certificates obtained by students in Turkish universities in their countries of origin, because Turkish universities are recognized in almost all countries of the world.
- Obtaining a university seat in a Turkish university provides students with many advantages, such as residing legally, benefiting from health insurance in public hospitals, and obtaining discounts on public transportation or entry to tourist places.
- Students can entertain themselves and take a break by organizing tourist trips in many Turkish states, especially with the great tourist fame that characterizes Turkey.
Percentage and numbers of foreign and Arab students in the cities of Turkey
The percentage of foreign students coming to study in Turkey has achieved a record increase, after the number of students exceeded more than 178,000 during the last five years, making Turkey among the countries that host the largest number of international students in the world.
As for the data issued during October of this year, Turkey ranks among the top five in Europe, and among the top ten in the world in terms of the number of international students, and according to those data, there are 280,000 international students in various Turkish states, coming from 182 countries around the world.
The largest percentage of these students are concentrated at Anadolu University in Eskişehir, while the vast majority of foreign students come in the fields of business administration, medicine, and computer engineering.
As for the numbers of foreign students according to the educational stages, they are as follows:
- 190,000 undergraduate students.
- Approximately 40,000 students in technical institutes.
- 10,000 postgraduate students.
According to some statistics issued by some official bodies that provide scholarships in Turkey, the number of international students who came to Turkey with the aim of studying in Turkey by obtaining Turkish scholarships offered by the General Presidency of Turks Abroad and Related Communities (YTB), and Turkish scholarships offered by Higher Education Institution of Turkey (YÖK) or through the Turkish scholarships provided by the Turkish Religious Endowment, in addition to students coming by their own means to the 207,000 international students coming from all over the world.
In this context, the number of international students studying in Turkish universities in general during the academic year 2020-2021 reached 200,000 international students, and according to the plans set by the Turkish government for the purpose of receiving international students in Turkish universities, Turkey aims to increase the number of international students it hosts to 250,000 by 2023.
Percentage of foreign students in Istanbul
Among the 200,000 international students receiving education in the academic year 2020-2021 in all Turkish states, there are approximately 50,000 of these students have obtained university seats in various universities located in Istanbul, including 8,722 students at Istanbul University.
As for the ten countries most visited by international students in Istanbul, they are as follows:
- Syria (28.7%)
- Azerbaijan (15.6%)
- Turkmenistan (8.1%)
- Iran (5.1%)
- China (4.0%)
- Germany (3.0%)
- Egypt (2.3%)
- Afghanistan (2.0%)
- Uzbekistan (1.9%)
- Greece (1.6%)
Percentage of foreign students in Ankara
The Turkish capital, Ankara, is one of the best cities to study in Turkey, as it has high-quality standards in terms of education, whether in the number of universities available and the various specializations it offers or through its strong infrastructure.
What makes this educational excellence in Ankara is the high turnout of international students studying in its universities. According to the information provided on the official website of the University of Ankara, there are more than 4,700 foreign students receiving education at the university in its various faculties and institutes.
Percentage of foreign students in Izmir
Eylol 9 State University in Izmir announced the number of foreign students during the academic year 2021-2022, and accordingly there are approximately 10,115 foreign students in the university, distributed within the educational stages as follows:
- Undergraduate stage: 6, 225 students.
- Institute stage: 3, 890 students.
Percentage of foreign students in Eskişehir
According to the information issued by the Student Affairs Department at Eskişehir University during the academic year 2021-2022, the number of foreign students receiving university education in the state reached 2,440 students, of whom 1,897 are at the bachelor's level, 95 are at the institute stage, and 466 are at the postgraduate level.
Percentage of foreign students in Bursa
According to some official reports published by the Higher Education Institution on February 18, 2022, the state of Bursa ranks fourth among Turkish states in terms of receiving international students.
Regarding the data of this report, the number of foreign students who have registrations registered within the universities of Bursa has reached 5,417 international students, and this would positively affect the university's position in the national and international rankings.
Percentage of foreign students in Antalya
While more than 2,489 foreign students are receiving education at Antalya University in its various faculties and institutes, there are more than 8,554 foreign students from 96 countries around the world who have come to Alanya University to continue their university education.
How does the Aldirasa platform help students coming to study in Turkey?
The Aldirasa platform is one of the educational platforms that provide distinguished services to international students who wish to study at Turkish universities. These services begin by facilitating students' travel to Turkey, receiving them at the airport, and securing suitable housing for them.
Services continue to be provided through the Aldirasa platform by securing an academic seat in various colleges and university majors in Turkey, assistance in choosing the appropriate major, final registration at the university and then obtaining student residence permits.
In addition, there is a professional advisory team on the study platform, which is concerned with managing university degree modification files in Turkey and performing an accurate translation of all papers, certificates, and documents necessary for students.
Edited by Aldirasa Platform©